Todays, skin care products are countless, and people are able to choose which one that meets their needs and preferences. In addition, there are also various methods that can be chosen to improve skin appearance and condition. However, if you are looking for an effective ingredient to care for your facial skin without any potential side effects, natural home remedies are the answer. Similar to manufactured products, home remedies for skin care vary, and cucumber is one of the cheapest, yet effective for those expecting naturally glowing, dull-free skin tone.
Benefits of cucumber juice for face
Cucumber juice gives variety of benefits to facial and body skin without irritating it. There are a lot of kinds of other natural ingredients which can be mixed with homemade cucumber juice to form homemade products which are beneficial for skin health. Some facial skin conditions which can be improved using cucumber juice include:
- Dark circles. The appearance of dark circles can be reduced using cucumber juice, which contains antioxidants and silica that help brighten the skin.
- Puffy eyes. Cucumbers contain high concentration of ascorbic acid, which may decrease water retention and thus, improve overall eye puffiness.
- Skin freckles. With acne-prone skin or oily skin with large pores, freckles or dark spots are not uncommon. Cucumbers is a natural bleaching agent, which can be used for hydrating skin pores as well as reducing the appearance of the dark spots and freckles.
- Applying cucumber juice onto sunburnt skin gives soothing and calming effect, which rejuvenate the entire facial skin.
- Excess oil. Too oily skin may end up in clogged facial pores that lead to acne. Cucumber juice helps controlling excess facial sebum as well as tightening large pores to prevent acne problems.
How to use cucumber juice on face
Proper application and use of natural ingredients, including cucumbers give various benefits to the facial skin. There are some methods on how to use cucumber juice on face that promote beneficial effects on the skin.
Use it as face toner
Cucumber juice has a cooling and soothing effects and thus, is suitable for freshening the skin up. Homemade facial toner is a good remedy to hydrate facial skin after any activities outside. In addition to refresh the skin, cucumber juice face toner also helps with skin pigmentation. This homemade toner is easy to made and put in a container to bring along. You can either apply it onto the face by dabbing a soaked cotton pad or spray it directly as face mist. When added with a few drops of lemon, cucumber juice makes a great skin toner for oily and acne-prone skin.
Use it as face wash
Although facial wash products are limitless nowadays, some people are prone to irritation and allergies triggered by certain substances contained by the products. Cucumber juice, therefore, can be used as an anti-irritating face wash. Regular face washing with cucumber juice is advised, as it is loaded with antioxidants and silica that enhance skin tone.
Use it as gel
If you are suffering from puffy eyes, cucumber juice can also alleviate the problem. To improve eye puffiness, you can apply a cotton pad soaked in cucumber juice to your eyes. As it is loaded with ascorbic acid, cucumber juice helps bring down the puffy eyes. Besides, you can also make a jar of homemade cooling eye gel from a mixture of natural cucumber juice and aloe plants.
Use is as acne-treating paste
Cucumber juice which is mixed with fuller’s earth and two tablespoon of rose water will improve facial skin with acne. Cucumbers juice is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce skin inflammation caused by clogged pores, which ends up in acne and pimples.
Use it as a face mask
Cucumber juice which is mixed with egg white makes face mask which is beneficial in tightening facial skin and reducing the effect of wrinkles and loosening skin. For a very dry skin, cucumber juice which is mixed with oats can be applied as hydrating facial mask.
How often can cucumber juice be used on face?
Cucumber juice extracted from fresh cucumbers can be applied to face in various forms—toner, mist, mask, or gel. If you decide to use this juice as a homemade solution for skin dullness and other complexion problems, it is important that you add only natural ingredients into the mixture, so that the irritating effects can be minimized.
As a natural, non-irritating, and non-abrasive agent for facial skin, cucumber juice which has or has not been mixed with other natural ingredients can be applied to face whenever needed. However, this guideline might be beneficial for deciding when to apply the juice onto the face:
- Cucumber juice which is made into facial toner can be applied to any skin types twice or three times a day. Make sure you have cleansed the skin thoroughly before applying the toner with a cotton pad or ball.
- Cucumber juice made into an eye gel can be applied to the eyelids and the skin around the eyes twice to three times a week, once a day each time.
- Cucumber juice which is made into facial mask can be applied to the face twice to three times a week. Make sure you rinse off the excess thoroughly each time you apply this natural mask.
- Cucumber juice which is made into facial mist can be applied at any time, especially when you need to refresh the skin from any outdoor activities and sunburn.