Stretch marks on bumps may prevent you from wearing your favorite bikinis. Although bumps might be susceptible to stretch marks, its appearance on this region is nonetheless embarrassing. While stretch marks on breasts and abdomen may be caused by excessive weight gain, the ones on your bumps are likely triggered by sudden weight loss and loss of skin elasticity. Although not always, stretch marks may cause itching and irritation. To be worse, scratching on the affected area will make those stretch marks even more visible.
Removing stretch marks from bumps
Removing stretch marks from bumps are not far different from removing stretch marks on the other areas of the body, such as the thighs, the breasts, or abdomen. Complete removal is impossible, while reducing its visibility is more likely. There are some methods and products you can try to remove stretch marks from bumps.
Removing fresh stretch marks on bumps
Stretch marks in its initial stage of occurrence are pinkish or reddish, while in later stages, these marks turn into brownish or darker color. It is easier to remove fresh stretch marks than the older ones. To remove fresh stretch marks on bumps, you can:
- Do bump massages with natural essential oil. This will increase blood circulation to your bump area, so that they freshly-occurring stretch marks can be less visible, as the skin around it heals.
- Apply some aloe vera gel on the stretch marks located on your bump skin. Aloe vera gel, although will not be effective on older stretch marks, will beneficially nourish the skin affected by fresh stretch marks. To do this, squeeze the gel from aloe vera plant and apply it onto the affected bump once a day.
- Rub lemon juice on the stretch marks. Lemon juice is enriched with antioxidant and can reduce the appearance of fresh stretch marks by lightening its color. You can rub your bumps with lemon juice daily to get maximized effect.
- Retin-A creams. Creams containing retin-A, which are usually used for acne can be helpful for reducing the appearance of stretch marks that are less than a few months old and still red. Apply a thin layer of this cream to your affected bump and leave it overnight regularly.
Removing old stretch marks on bumps
Removing older stretch marks or making it less visible is much harder than treating the fresh ones. There are some treatments and products beneficial for improving old stretch marks on the bumps.
- Microdermabrasion. This procedure is done by gently removing skin’s top-most layer using abrasive crystals blown out of a hand-held instrument. This will remove the accumulated skin cells of the top layer and stimulate new skin cell growth that will reduce the appearance of older stretch marks. The treatment costs around $200 and is said to effectively reduce the appearance of old stretch marks in bumps and other body parts by half.
- Laser treatments. Laser treatment is done by providing intense light therapies to stimulate collagen and melanin production that is beneficial for skin health and glow. This treatment is considered effective to get rid of older stretch marks on the area where fats are accumulated when you are gaining weight and thus, is mostly affected by drastic weight loss, such as the thighs and bumps. Laser treatments are costly and may cost up to $1000, while you will need more than three treatments to effectively reduce the sharp appearance of stretch marks on your bumps. However, the effects can be prominent and tend to be permanent, so that it may improve your bump skin significantly.