Scabies is highly contagious. Direct contact with a person suffering from this skin disorder will transmit the disease instantly. Therefore, initial treatments to the affected area is crucial, not only to promote faster healing, but also to prevent the disease from spreading. There are various treatments for scabies that doctors may prescribe. However, these treatments are often harsh and therefore, may lead to unwanted side effects. Treating scabies with essential oils, on the other hand, is more affordable and natural and thus, preferred. Neem oil is one of the most widely known natural treatments for scabies.
How effective Neem Oil is for scabies
Neem oil is extracted from Neem tree, a plantation native to India. In its native region, neem tree is known as the “divine tree” and “all heal” plantation, due to its benefits in treating various skin diseases. Commercially, neem extract is used as insect repellants, insecticides, and pesticides. It is also an added substance to toothpastes, soaps, lotions, creams, and other daily care products.
Related to scabies healing, neem oil plays some significant roles, especially in inhibiting causal mites’ reproduction and breeding.
Neem oil does not kill scabies instantly, but interferes with the reproduction cycles of the mites, which is beneficial in promoting faster healing. When applied daily and consistently, neem oil wipes out the population over time
Since getting rid of the infesting mites is the most crucial phase of scabies healing, the role of neem oil in the entire healing process becomes significant.
Neem Oil Keeps Skin Moisturized
In addition to reduce the population of human itch mites that causes scabies, neem oil that is used as a natural remedy to scabies also provide other advantages to the affected skin. Skin area that is affected by scabies commonly gets over dry. Some flakes may also present, and in more severe cases, crusted area may occur. Regular application of neem oil, fortunately, helps improving these conditions. The oil works by keeping the affected area hydrated, so that the skin softens and is well-moisturized. This will help speed up the required phases and the entire healing process.
Neem Oil Reduce Inflammation and Prevent Infection
Another role of neem oil for scabies healing is reducing inflammation and further infections, which is essential for the entire cycles. Neem oil contains aspirin-like substance, which is essential for reducing inflammation and infection during the breakouts. This is beneficial in preventing potential secondary infections, which may delay healing.
In conclusion, neem oil is an advised essential oil to improve pain, inflammation, infection, and infestation associated with scabies. This remedy is all natural and more affordable with less harmful side effects. Neem oil also contains a high level of antibacterial that is crucial for killing infection-causing bacteria, so that the entire healing cycles can be improved.
How to use neem oil for scabies
The most proper treatment for scabies and other skin disorders is those treatments performed as soon as the disease emerges. As soon as you are experiencing possible symptoms, therefore, proper treatments, including the use of natural ingredients should be performed. To effectively improve scabies with neem oil, there are some methods you may want to follow:
- For emerging scabies, regular application of neem oil is essential for localize itching and pain following mites’ infestation. During this initial breakout, you can use commercial products enriched with neem oil, such as shampoos and soaps, which are applied several times daily. Liberally applying neem oil all over the affected area is also recommended, as this will help killing infesting mites and prevent inflammation.
- To reduce excruciating pain associated with scabies, you can add some drops of neem oil to hot bath water. This will help promoting sufficient blood pumping to the infection site, which reduces pain and inflammation and promotes faster healing. After bathing, neem-based cream can also be applied thoroughly over the infection site.
- Based on traditional Indian medicinal reports, traditional treatment for scabies can also be done by applying turmeric paste that has been mixed with grounded neem leaves. This paste acts as a potent antibacterial that serves multiple benefits at once. It helps interfering breeding and reproduction of the infesting mites, giving soothing feeling to the affected area, reducing inflammation and secondary infections, and prevent future infestations.
- Cold pressed neem oil and neem extracts are widely used in shampoos, soaps, cosmetics, and creams. They are exceptionally useful in promoting skin health and related to scabies, regular use of these products are beneficial in preventing the occurrence of scabies in the future.
Other highlighted benefits of using neem oils
Besides improving conditions associated with scabies, neem oil serves some other beneficial roles in daily life you might require.
- Neem oil is a natural mosquito repellant, which is chemical free and thus, leads to minimal side effects. This is exceptionally important for those travelling to some endemic countries, as the oil can be mixed with coconut oil to make topical mosquito repellant that keeps malaria at the bay.
- Neem oil can be used for improving acne, as it helps kill infesting bacteria that lead to pore blocks and pustules. The oil also reduces swelling and inflammation, which is important in acne healing. Neem oil is also enriched with high fatty acid content, which is non-comedogenic and useful in preventing and treating potential acne scars.
- Neem oil is also advantageous for aging skin, since it stimulates collagen production that help skin cell regeneration. It also smoothens wrinkles and fine lines. This property also makes neem oil a great remedy for dry, red, and itchy skin from eczema and psoriasis, although it does not cure the root causes for eczema.
- Neem oil helps combat bed bugs by interfering their reproduction and thus, control the adults, nymphs, and the eggs. This is beneficial, as treatments for bed bugs infestation can be very costly. This is also all natural and thus, can be used for preventing future bed bug infestation, so that the caused effects can be minimized.