Believed and proven as one of the most beneficial ingredient for skin lightening, cucumbers is widely used. People use the fruit served as foods in salads and appetizers to improve various skin conditions. In fact, there are many different skin problems can be minimized by this cooling fruit. Face freckles, dark circles, facial skin discoloration, and some other facial skin problems can be naturally treated with cucumbers or zucchini—the Japanese cucumbers. Since the used ingredient is natural, it is safe to be applied all over the facial skin without causing irritation.
How to make cucumber juice for face
Applying cucumber slices, pulp, or juice is not only refreshing, but also beneficial for the entire facial skin health. Not only this fruit is easy to find, it is also affordable. A lot of people have tried enhancing their facial skin health and appearance using the juice of cucumbers, which can definitely be processed at home. Homemade cucumber juice is easy to prepare and of course, more natural than manufactured ones. Based on the skin conditions you need to improve, there are some different methods of using cucumber juice on face, and all of those are beneficial yet easy to do.
- Cucumber juice and egg white for tightening loose facial skin and eye wrinkles
- Cucumbers contain beneficial nutrients, such as vitamin C and K, which are able to fight free radicals that cause wrinkles and loosening of the skin. In addition, cucumbers contain silica, which promotes connective tissue growth that will improve the appearance of loose skin and wrinkles.
- To use this juice, dice a cucumber into not more than 1-inch dices and blend for 3 minutes to form cucumber pulp. Strain the pulp to get merely the juice. Next, add one egg white and blend for 1 minute to form a liquid mixture. Apply the mixture to any facial skin or body where the skin feels loose or where the wrinkles are located. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse off thoroughly with cool water.
- Cucumber juice for acne-prone or oily skin
- Cucumbers help to hydrate skin and improves your overall complexion. Besides, it is also beneficial for unclogging pores and nourish the skin cells, rejuvenating the skin, and preventing it from getting too dry or too oily.
- Mix cucumber juice with 3 to 4 drops of fresh lemon and a teaspoon of raw honey to maximize the beneficial effects. Make the cucumber juice out of one peeled cucumber, add the lemon drops and honey, and stir well. Apply the mixture onto the face which has been cleansed thoroughly using a cotton ball or pad, which is soaked into the solution. Give the skin a circular massage to enhance absorption by the skin cells. Let the juice sit for 10 minutes and rinse off with water afterwards. If you have leftover mixture, freeze it and repeat the treatment 2 to 3 times a week.
- Cucumber facial toner for glowing skin
- Cucumbers have a cooling effect on skin. Besides, it also helps hydrating and rejuvenating skin. As this fruit is loaded with antioxidants, it helps replace dead skin cells, leaving naturally glowing complexion.
- Homemade cucumber facial toner can be made from only one fresh cucumber and a little time. To do this, cut one cucumber into smaller pieces and distribute the pieces evenly in a saucepan. Add 2 glasses of water into the pan to immerse the cucumber pieces. Afterwards, keep the pan on low flame for 5 minutes, making sure the water is warm enough, instead of boiling, as it may kill natural nutrients in cucumber. When you are done shimmering the mixture and let the mixture to cool down a little bit, pour the whole thing into a blender. Next, strain the pulp to get the juice. Put the homemade toner in a spray bottle you can bring along anywhere. Spray the mist onto your facial skin in the morning after night sleep or at night before bedtime, making sure the face has been cleansed beforehand. The toner will be good for 3 days and refrigerating might prolong this period.
- Cucumber juice cooling liquid mask
- Cucumbers juice’s cooling and aloe vera’s hydrating effects make a great cooling facial mask. The mask can be applied once a week to rejuvenate the skin and keep it moist. This can be a precaution to acne and pimple problems.
- To make the liquid mask, peel one cucumber and remove the seeds, and skin one stalk of aloe plant. Pulse in a food processor for 3 to 5 minutes and apply to face. Leave it to work for 30 minutes and rinse off with cool water. Repeat the application every once a week to rejuvenate the facial skin.
You might want to find out more about How to use cucumber juice on face.