Acne problem is not uncommon. While mild acne is going to disappear within days without any treatments, severe ones might stay for longer period, develop into pimples, and leave marks behind, which are not aesthetically pleasing. Acne can occur all over the body skin, but acne on face requires more attention, as they are visible and can be embarrassing. Facial acne problem can be a lot more complicated when it leaves marks and holes after the pimples itself goes down.
Benefits of natural treatments for pimple holes on face
There are various manufactured products and treatments offered for getting rid or minimizing the appearance of pimple holes on facial skin. Those might be effective, but they do have several downsides, such as:
- The products and treatments might be chemical-based, which can be irritating for those with very sensitive skin.
- The treatments are mostly handled by professionals and thus, might be unavailable in some living areas and can be costly.
- It takes time before the products, especially the less expensive ones to give effects to the affected facial zones.
- The products and treatments might affect the way certain glands and cell on face work, causing more visible scars and holes, instead of minimizing them.
- Chemical products and treatments might eliminate pimple holes only temporarily and may cause addiction.
Looking at the downsides, more natural treatments and products might be a consideration in treating holes left by pimples on face. Compared to chemical-based ones, these home remedies are more natural, side-effects free, practical, and less expensive. In addition, it does not take professionals to get rid of pimple holes on face with natural methods, so that it is possible for you to do it by yourself at home anytime.
How to get rid of pimple holes on face naturally
Pimple holes left on face is not easy to be eliminated. These holes, caused by improper ways of removing pimples from the skin, are basically the inflammation of the skin. Despite the difficulties to get rid of these holes, there are some methods and remedies which may be helpful in filling up those holes in order to make it less visible.
- Before performing any treatments, make sure the affected facial skin is cleansed thoroughly. This is important to get rid of any tiny debris and excessed sebum on the surface of the skin, so that the treatment and products may penetrate the skin cells well.
- To cleanse facial skin with pimple holes, use mild anti-bacterial soap to minimize irritation that can worsen the pimple holes appearance.
- Exfoliating facial skin will be helpful for getting rid of dead skin and thus, revealing softer, fresh new skin beneath.
- To exfoliate pimple hole-affected facial skin, make yourself a sugar-honey facial scrub, which is helpful to fade acne scars to lessen the sharp appearance of the pimple holes. Sugar cane contains AHA, which is an important substance to improve the surface of the skin look, while honey is natural antibiotics which is important for healing the skin affected by pimple holes.
- To make natural sugar scrub, mix a balance amount of sugar and honey and apply it onto the pimple holes. Gently rub the skin, without scrubbing it too hard. Wash the face with warm water afterwards.
Filling up the holes
There are some home remedies which can be applied to fill pimple holes up by triggering the growth of skin cells and reducing skin inflammation to improve the skin look. To improve pimple hole-affected facial skin externally, some natural remedies include:
Prepare a finger-length turmeric and 5 to 8 pieces of lemon leaves. Crush the ingredients to make a paste. After that, apply this paste onto the skin where you have pimple holes and marks. Leave it for 20 minutes to a half an hour to let the skin absorb the beneficial contents of the paste. When it is done, wash the face with a slightly warm water and repeat the treatment once a day for one or two weeks to have the pimple holes less visible.
Yoghurt curd, which is made of natural, plain Greek yoghurt and a few drops of lemon is beneficial for filling up pimple holes, as it contains vitamin C as a natural antioxidant which reduces skin inflammation and improves its appearance. Apply the curd onto the pimple holes and let it dry completely. Afterwards, rinse off with lukewarm water and apply face moisturizer. Do the treatment regularly for two weeks.
To get rid of pimple hole on face with honey, avoid using processed honey, as it may have been added with other ingredients which may irritate the skin, instead of improving its condition
This natural ingredient is the simplest, yet effective pimple-hole filler, which may reduce unpleasant acne marks on your face. Honey is a natural antibacterial agent that reduces skin inflammation. Apply a few drops of honey directly onto the pimple holes and leave it for a half an hour before washing the face with lukewarm water thoroughly.
In order to fill the holes left by acne on your face, it is important to do it internally as well. Improving your body condition and immune system, for instance, may be helpful in improving acne marks on facial skin. To fill up the holes caused by pimples, do these natural remedies:
- Avoid consuming too much oily foods, as it may raise the possibility of getting clogged skin pores.
- Drink a lot of water every day to keep the skin cells hydrated, which is important in preventing inflammation.
- Exercise in daily basis. You can focus on some exercises which are easy to, yet have a lot of health benefits, such as cardio exercises—walking, jogging, cycling, or stairs climbing, mind-calming exercises, such as yoga, and strength training, such as swimming or light weight lifting.
- Steam your face in regular basis, 3 times a week, for instance. This is beneficial for unclogging skin pores to reduce inflammation and thus, improve the skin look.
- Minimize skin exposure to sunlight when going out. Wearing sunscreen or covering the face with breathable scarf might be helpful.
- Avoid using harsh cosmetic products to prevent irritation and make the pimple holes worse.
- Steaming should be put into account when you are attempting on getting rid of pimple holes on face naturally. Steaming, if done moderately, is beneficial for skin health. It helps opening the pores, removing clogging comedones. If you decide to remove comedones at home, steaming is an important preliminary step, as it helps opening up the pores, making it easier for you to extract the hardened sebum. Proper pimple extraction prevent the formation of pimple holes, while steaming the already-existed pimple holes reduce skin inflammation, which may reduce the holes appearance.
To steam, prepare a bowl of boiling water and cover the back of your head with a clean, dry towel. Lean over the bowl for 20 minutes and pat the skin dry afterwards.
Tips on natural treatments for facial pimple holes
- Do the treatments consistently. It is better to decide what time you are going to perform the beneficial natural treatments to get rid of your pimple holes. Try to obey the timeline you have decided, as inconsistent treatments will result in unsatisfactory effects.
- Choose the easiest natural ingredient or method you can find around you. This will prevent you from putting off the treatment since you do not have the ingredients. Even an ice cube which is rubbed against pimple holes is helpful for constricting the blood vessels and thus, improving the holes resulted by pimples.
- When using home remedies, which is based on natural ingredients, make sure you do not use processed ingredients, as those might contain added ingredients that should not be used to get rid pimple holes.
- After applying any pimple hole-removing ingredients, make sure you wash the face thoroughly to prevent skin pore clogs.