Considering the presence of both alpha and beta receptors on the thighs and buttocks, and their ability to accumulate fats in the tissues around the regions, the present stubborn cellulite on these areas is not surprising. While there are many kinds of products and treatments offered to help get rid of these bumpy and lumpy skin around the thighs and buttocks, exercises is one of the most affordable, flexible, and natural cellulite treatment to perform.
How exercises gets rid of cellulite on bum and thighs
Similar to various kinds of treatments stated to remove cellulite, exercises targeting cellulite on bum and thighs is not going to eliminate the problem permanently and completely. However, this is one of the most effective method of lessening the appearance of the bum and thighs cellulite. Certain exercises you are doing that target the lower part of your body are going to combat cellulite in some ways:
- It elevates your metabolism. As exercises help burn calories, it will boost body metabolism. Proper metabolism is essential for fat disposal, which will inhibit cellulite formation and improve the existing cellulite-affected skin.
- Exercises improves the tone of the muscles. This will leave the legs, the upper thighs, and the buttocks smoother and firmer. With this amazing skin tone, the sharp appearance of cellulite can be minimized.
What exercises can help get rid of cellulite on bum and thighs
There are surely various kinds of exercises you might know. Among those, strength training and high-intensity interval-training sessions are the ones work best for cellulite in the lower body parts, including the legs, the buttocks, and the thighs. There are some effective strength training to target cellulite on bum and thighs, such as squats, pushups, planks, back extensions, and abdominal crunches. To make the exercises even better, yoga and heavy gardening sessions are also considered as a part of it. You can also do some strength trainings exercises using dumbbells, barbells, resistance bands, and weight machines at the gym.
In addition to strength trainings, high-intensity interval-training sessions are also beneficial for improving cellulite-affected thighs and bum. Stair-climbing, aerobics, fitness, and zumba sessions are the easiest examples of high intensity interval trainings that you can do to improve cellulite. These simple cardio exercises can be done anywhere at any time. If you prefer using the machine, choose the stationary bike to warm up before doing the main cardio exercises as a part of your cellulite-prevention plan.
How to exercise to get rid of cellulite on bum and thighs
The right combinations of strength trainings and high intensity interval trainings can be the key to improve your entire health as well as to minimize your risk of developing cellulite, and to fight the existing cellulite. These exercises are going to reduce fats, which is the risk factor of cellulite formation, but you should put in mind that there are no exercises to specifically spot-treat the cellulite. Besides, you also need to regularly repeat the exercises to improve both your skin and health condition. Combining right exercises with healthy nutrition, circulation boost, and weight control is the best you can do to effectively improve cellulite.
There are a lot of combinations you can perform when exercising. Some examples of strength training and high intensity interval trainings you can perform daily are:
Start the session with strength trainings of your preference.
Some examples are:
- Step-up on a bench or stairs and then step down with the same leg. Each leg should aim for 20 reps.
- Take one large step forward and lower your body to form a 90-degree angle with both of your knees. Aim for 25 to 30 reps for each legs.
- Do the squat jumps and aim for 30 to 50 reps. Do it gradually and avoid doing the 50-rep squat jumps in your first training session.
Continue your exercise with high intensity interval trainings, such as:
- Turn on a song of your preference and start doing the aerobic or zumba movements for 2 to 3 songs at once. These movements will trigger the phenomenon called after-burn, as caused by most cardio exercises, and thus, can be very effective for calorie burn.
- If you are using training machines, start walking or running on the treadmill. Do this for 5 minutes, increasing the speed gradually.
- Combine the high intensity interval training with strength training and do the exercise consistently to aiming on your lower body parts. You might see improved skin tone and firmness, which lessens the appearance of your cellulite. Since you are burning fats, it is also likely for you to prevent new cellulite from forming in the future. However, once you stop exercising, cellulite will likely to come back, so the key is being really determined for this.