UV rays will always be the natural enemy of our skin. The exposure to UV rays will damage skin and create a sunburn with all of its side effects : pain, swelling, itching, skin peeling and irritation. Fortunately, there are some products have been specially designed to relieve the sunburn; unfortunately, some of them only bring further irritation and add some side effects.
So how to relieve the sunburn? Going natural may be a right choice. Most people have shown that natural remedies work best, and in addition they do not bring any dangerous side effect.
One of the remedies which work best on sunburn is coconut oil. Here are the reasons why it may be a right treatment for you :
- Coconut oil contains fatty acids (such as lauric fatty acid) which can relieve sunburn from inflammation.
- Coconut oil also acts as an antibacterial and antifungal which help to prevent any infection and regenerate the skin.
- The coconut oil is rich in vitamins and other nutrients needed for skin.
- Coconut oil is easily absorbed by the skin.
- Applying coconut oil onto the sunburn will increase the blood circulation, and the sunburn will heal faster.
- Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. It moisturized the skin deeper than your average moisturizer and nourish the sunburned skin, so that it will reduce the pain caused by dryness of the burned skin.
- Coconut oil contains anti-oxidants that remove free radicals.
Those are some of many more benefits of coconut oil. But those reasons are enough to ensure us that coconut oil is one of the best way to relieve the sunburn.
How does we use the coconut oil for sunburn?
You may use the pure coconut oil onto the sunburn or mix it with other ingredients to get the best result you may want.
Use pure coconut oil
Ingredients : Coconut Oil
How to apply :
- Put a few drops of coconut oil (the amount is depend on how large the sunburn is ) to the sunburned skin and apply it thoroughly.
- You can give a gentle massage on the skin while applying it.
- Let the oil stay until the shower time, and you can put the coconut oil over after shower.
- Or you prefer to apply it before the bedtime. So that you can let the oil stay in your skin overnight.
Continuing apply the coconut oil until the sunburn completely heals.
Use coconut oil with ACV
(Apple Cider Vinegar ) and essential oils.
- Organic coconut oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Essential oil : lavender and peppermint oils (it is optional, but here lavender and peppermint oils are used since : lavender oil promotes healthy skin and peppermint oil is cooling down the burned skin) .
- A clean wet towel
How to apply :
- put some drops of apple cider vinegar on the wet towel.
- dab the towel onto the sunburned skin.
- wait until the skin dry; then
- mix some drops of coconut, lavender and peppermint oils in your hands.
- apply it directly onto the sunburn.
- do not rinse it and leave it stays overnight.
Even after doing it once, you will feel the good effects. For the best result you can repeat with all ingredients or only with the coconut oil until the sunburn is completely heals.
Coconut oil with honey and sea buckthorn oil
- Organic coconut oil (the amount is depend on how large the sunburn is )
- Raw honey, in the same amount of the coconut oil.
- A table spoon of sea buckthorn oil.
How to apply :
- Put an amount of coconut oil in a container, then add honey in the same amount.
- Add a tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil.
- Mix all of ingredients and stir it properly.
- Apply the mixture directly to the sunburn and let it dries on its own.
Even after doing it once, you will feel the good effects. For the best result you can repeat only with the coconut oil until the sunburn is completely heals.
Note : It is important to keep in mind that all of the sunburn treatments using coconut oil can be applied at least one day after you get the burn. If you are applying the coconut oil just after you get the sunburn, it will make the heat is trapped inside the skin and it makes the healing process becomes more difficult. That is why the first thing to do in treating sunburn is washing it with cool water. If you get sunburn at most part of your body, you have to take a shower soon. Then in the next day, you can start the coconut oil treatment.