Body odor is the unpleasant smell which is produced when the bacterias on our body have contact with sweat. In order to prevent body odor, people use many products that have been specially created to control this unpleasant smell. Most of them “buy the solution” at the stores and market, but the good news is you can simply “make your own solution” without spending much money.
To make your own body odor treatments, you should know the key ingredient you need : baking soda.
Why baking soda?
Why it has to be baking soda? Here are some reasons :
- Baking soda helps to absorb sweat and dry the skin (especially on the underarm).
- Baking soda has an ability to kill the bacteria which responsible for body odor.
- Baking soda neutralizes the bacterial acids so as well as body odor.
Baking Soda Treatments for Body Odor
There are two ways to change baking soda from your ordinary home remedy to be powerful treatments for body odor.
Depend on their preferences, people usually use between anti perspirant and deodorant to control the body odor. Before you ask why in this article we only mention the deodorant, you have to know the difference between deodorant and anti perspirant. The basic difference is in the way how both treat the body sweat. Anti perspirant blocks or clogs your skin pores with kind of aluminium salts in order to prevent those pores release sweat, so the bacteria has nothing to do on your underarm. Most kind of antiperspirants also contain ingredients which kill the bacteria that causes body odor. In the other hand deodorant does not prevent you from sweating, it only focus in how to make the sweat does not smell bad, and that is good. Our skin need to “breath” and sweating, one benefit of this sweating process is it can release toxins and other substances from your body such as alcohol, salt, and cholesterol.
One thing that has to be considered is in the recent researches, experts found the link about anti perspirant and its effect in increasing the risk of breast cancer. It is related to the full-chemical compositions of an anti perspirant and the way it makes your pores cannot release the sweat. That’s why in this article we will only discuss about deodorant because according to the medical recommendation, it is much better for your health.
How to make a natural deodorant using baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Coconut oil 1/3 cup.
- 10 drops or more of essential oils (this one is optional, because it is only needed for fragrance. You can use lemon, lavender, cinnamon or the other essential oils. If you are fine only with the baking soda and coconut oil, just use them).
- A bowl (or another container which will be used as a mixing place).
- Mix all of ingredients ( the baking soda, coconut oil and essential oils, if you prefer to use it)
- Mix and stir it properly until you get the similar texture of deodorant.
- Put the mixture you have in a container such as a small transparent jar made by plastics or glass.
How to apply :
- Simply take the mixture with two fingers and rub it gently into your underarms.
- Before you dress yourself, wait for two minutes until the mixture dries.
- Do it when you feel like you need to use them.
Beside using it as a deodorant, it is even better to have baking soda as a bath. It will make your whole body free from any unpleasant smell.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Warm water.
- Essential oils (again, this one is optional because it is only needed for fragrance. You can use lemon, lavender, cinnamon or the other essential oils. But if you are fine only with the baking soda and warm water, just use them).
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Pour the baking soda and some drops of essential oils (optional) to the water.
- Stir it well using your hands.
- Have your bath.
Do this bath regularly, daily at first, and when you notice that your body odor has been reduced or even better it has been gone, continue doing this for once or twice a week.